Enzyte Side Effects
No clinical studies have been performed on Enzyte. Side effects are possible, however, based on information about the common side effects seen with the individual active components found in the supplement. Some of these potential side effects of Enzyte include abdominal pain and cramps, dry mouth, nosebleeds, and diarrhea.
Does Enzyte Cause Side Effects?
Enzyte® is an herbal supplement used for "natural male enhancement." Many people assume that Enzyte is automatically free of side effects because it is "natural." However, it contains several active ingredients that are capable of causing side effects.
Possible Common Side Effects of Enzyte
Enzyte has not been studied in any clinical trials. As a result, it is impossible to know exactly what side effects are possible with Enzyte (or how frequently such side effects occur). However, based on information about the possible common side effects of the individual active ingredients in Enzyte, the following side effects might occur:
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Flushing, burning, tingling, or itching of the skin
- Metallic taste in the mouth.
Serious Enzyte Side Effects
There are a number of side effects reported with the individual active ingredients of Enzyte that you should report to your healthcare provider right away. These include, but are not limited to:
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) or high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Unusual, excessive behavior (such as irresponsible spending or sexual activity), known as mania
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellow eyes or skin (jaundice), dark urine, or light-colored stools
- Signs of impaired blood clotting, such as:
- Easy bruising
- Bleeding that is slow to stop
- Black, tarry stools, bright red blood in the stool, or vomiting of blood (signs of gastrointestinal bleeding)
- Signs of a hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain), such as vision or speech changes, weakness or numbness in an arm or leg, or a severe headache
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as a rash, hives, itching, swelling of the mouth or throat, wheezing, or difficulty breathing.