Levitra Side Effects
Some of the common side effects of Levitra include headache, facial flushing, and indigestion. However, most people have no problems with the medicine. When side effects do occur, they are usually mild. Uncommon side effects can include high blood pressure, insomnia, and blurred vision.
Interested in a Discount on Levitra?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Levitra® (vardenafil HCL). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If side effects do occur, they are usually minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. In research studies, up to 3.4 percent of people stopped taking Levitra because of side effects.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Levitra. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Levitra side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of Levitra
Levitra has been studied extensively in clinical trials, with more than 4,430 people having been evaluated. In these studies, side effects occurring in a group of people taking the drug are always documented and compared to the side effects that occur in a similar group of people not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
Based on these studies, common Levitra side effects (occurring in more than 2 percent of people) include:
- Headache -- in up to 15 percent of people (see Headaches From Levitra)
- Facial flushing -- up to 11 percent
- Indigestion or upset stomach -- up to 4 percent
- Stuffy or runny nose (rhinitis) -- up to 9 percent
- Inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis) -- up to 3 percent
- Flu-like symptoms -- up to 3 percent
- Accidental injury -- up to 3 percent
- Increased levels of creatine kinase in the blood (an enzyme normally found in muscles and the brain) -- up to 2 percent
- Nausea -- up to 2 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 2 percent
- Back pain -- up to 2 percent.
These side effects normally go away after a couple of hours.