Erectile Dysfunction Home > Damiana
Side Effects of DamianaCurrently, it is not known what side effects (if any) to expect from damiana.
(Click Damiana Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsThe herb could potentially interact with a few medications (see Damiana Drug Interactions).
Is It Safe?Some people may be more likely to experience problems with it than others. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider before taking it if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Damiana and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Damiana and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Damiana Safety for more information, including any available warnings and precautions.)
What If I Take an Overdose?It is not known what exactly to expect from an overdose of damiana, although dangerous effects could occur. If you think you may have taken too much, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Damiana Overdose for more information.)