Erectile Dysfunction Home > Levitra Dosage
For most people, the recommended starting dosage of Levitra is 10 mg one hour prior to sexual activity. The Levitra dosage your healthcare provider recommends will depend on your age, any medical conditions you may have, and any medications you may be currently taking, among other things. In order for Levitra to work properly, you must take it exactly as prescribed.
An Introduction to Levitra DosageThe dose of Levitra® (vardenafil HCL) your healthcare provider recommends will depend on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Levitra Dosage for Erectile DysfunctionThe recommended starting dosage for treating erectile dysfunction is Levitra 10 mg one hour prior to sexual activity. Depending on how well it works and whether you experience any side effects, your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your Levitra dosage.
The starting dosage may be as low as 2.5 mg in people who:
- Are over the age of 65
- Have moderate to severe liver disease
- Are taking certain medications (see Levitra Drug Interactions).
General Levitra Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking Levitra include the following:
- Your medication can be taken at any time during the day. However, Levitra should not be taken more than once in a day.
- Your Levitra dosage can be taken with or without food, although taking Levitra with a high-fat meal may decrease the amount of the medicine in the blood.
- For Levitra to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Levitra will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Levitra or your Levitra dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Levitra without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.