Erectile Dysfunction Home > Yohimbe
Dosing InformationA safe and effective yohimbe dose has not been established. Make sure to follow the specific instructions on your particular product.
Side Effects of YohimbeEven though it is a natural product, yohimbe can cause side effects. Common side effects include:
- Shakiness (tremors)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia).
Drug InteractionsYohimbe may potentially interact with several medications (see Yohimbe Drug Interactions).
Is Yohimbe Safe?Some people are more likely to experience problems than others. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider before taking yohimbe if you have:
- Heart disease or heart problems of any kind
- An anxiety disorder
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Yohimbe and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Yohimbe and Breastfeeding).