Erectile Dysfunction Home > Yohimbe Safety
Before taking yohimbe, let your healthcare provider know if you have certain health conditions, such as heart disease, depression, or diabetes. Yohimbe can make some of these conditions worse. Other yohimbe safety concerns to be aware of before taking the supplement include possible drug interactions, the safety of using the herb when pregnant or breastfeeding, and knowing how to choose a yohimbe product that is made by a reputable manufacturer.
Is Yohimbe Safe?Yohimbe is an herbal supplement that is used to treat impotence, depression, and a number of other conditions. You may not be able to take yohimbe safely if you have:
- Heart disease or heart problems of any kind
- An anxiety disorder
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant