The standard dose of Staxyn for erectile dysfunction is one 10-mg orally disintegrating tablet taken about one hour before sexual activity. However, do not take this medicine more than once in a 24-hour period. Make sure to let these tablets dissolve on your tongue whole, without drinking water or other liquid. If you need a higher or lower dosage, you should not use Staxyn.
An Introduction to Dosing With StaxynThere is only one standard recommended dosage for Staxyn™ (orally disintegrating vardenafil), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Staxyn Dosage for Erectile DysfunctionThe standard Staxyn dosage for treating erectile dysfunction is 10 mg, taken one hour before sexual activity. It is important to not take more than one dose in a 24-hour period.
Staxyn is only available in a 10-mg orally disintegrating tablet; if you need a higher or lower dose, you should not use this erectile dysfunction medication.
General Information on Taking StaxynSome considerations for people taking Staxyn include the following:
- Staxyn comes in an orally disintegrating tablet that dissolves on the tongue.
- Staxyn tablets come in individual blisterpacks. The tablet should be placed on the tongue immediately after taking it out of its blisterpack.
- Do not crush, chew, or cut the tablets; make sure to let them dissolve on your tongue whole.
- Do not take Staxyn with liquid. These tablets will dissolve without water or other liquid.
- Staxyn orally disintegrating tablets are not interchangeable with Levitra® (vardenafil) tablets. Staxyn 10-mg tablets produce higher levels of vardenafil in the body than Levitra 10-mg tablets.
- Staxyn can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Staxyn should be taken about one hour (60 minutes) before sexual activity, but no more than once a day.
- Sexual stimulation is needed for Staxyn to work.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Staxyn, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.