An Introduction to Dosing With Staxyn
There is only one standard recommended dosage for Staxyn
™ (orally disintegrating vardenafil
), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Staxyn Dosage for Erectile Dysfunction
The standard Staxyn dosage for treating erectile dysfunction
is 10 mg, taken one hour before sexual activity. It is important to not take more than one dose in a 24-hour period.
Staxyn is only available in a 10-mg orally disintegrating tablet; if you need a higher or lower dose, you should not use this erectile dysfunction medication
General Information on Taking Staxyn
Some considerations for people taking Staxyn include the following:
- Staxyn comes in an orally disintegrating tablet that dissolves on the tongue.
- Staxyn tablets come in individual blisterpacks. The tablet should be placed on the tongue immediately after taking it out of its blisterpack.
- Do not crush, chew, or cut the tablets; make sure to let them dissolve on your tongue whole.
- Do not take Staxyn with liquid. These tablets will dissolve without water or other liquid.
- Staxyn orally disintegrating tablets are not interchangeable with Levitra® (vardenafil) tablets. Staxyn 10-mg tablets produce higher levels of vardenafil in the body than Levitra 10-mg tablets.
- Staxyn can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Staxyn should be taken about one hour (60 minutes) before sexual activity, but no more than once a day.
- Sexual stimulation is needed for Staxyn to work.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Staxyn, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.