When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Staxyn include the following:
- Staxyn comes in an orally disintegrating tablet that dissolves on the tongue without liquid.
- Staxyn comes in individual blisterpacks. The tablet should be placed on the tongue right after taking it out of the blisterpack.
- Do not crush, chew, or cut the tablets; make sure to let them dissolve on your tongue whole.
- Do not take Staxyn with liquid. This medication is meant to dissolve on the tongue without liquid.
- Staxyn can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Staxyn should be taken about one hour before sexual activity, and no more than once in a 24-hour period.
- Sexual stimulation is required for Staxyn to work.
- Staxyn orally disintegrating tablets are not interchangeable with Levitra® (vardenafil) tablets.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dosage for Staxyn, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Staxyn Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of StaxynJust like any medicine, Staxyn can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medicine will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
Some of the most common side effects of Staxyn include but are not limited to:
- Flushing or a sudden warmth and reddening of the face
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Back pain.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
(Click Staxyn Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)